- CS 100: Introduction to Java Programming (Cornell University)
I have also had the pleasure of working with several talented students:
- James Bedell (Princeton University, '14)
- "Interactive Discovery in the Kepler Mission Dataset" (summer 2013)
- "Anomaly detection with DEMUD in image processing and with missing data" (summer 2014)
- Jillian Green (California State University, L.A., '10)
- "The Explosive Potential of Collaborative Machine Learner Networks" (summer 2009)
- Bryan He (Caltech)
- Michael Kocurek (Caltech, B.S. '07, now at Tower Research Capital)
- "The Optimization of Trained and Untrained Image Classification
Algorithms for Use on Large Spatial Datasets" (summer 2005)
- "Improving HARVIST: Using Progressive Trained Classifiers
and Multisource Regression to Predict Crop Yield" (summer 2006)
- Julian Panetta (Caltech, B.S. '10, now at NYU)
- "Using Image Processing and Machine Learning to Detect and Classify Mars Surface Features" (summer 2008)
- "Detecting Mars Surface Change Using Landmark Comparison" (summer 2009)
- Alex Roper (Caltech, B.S. '09, now at Univ. of Michigan)
- "Using Machine Learning to Predict Crop Yield from Multispectral
Satellite Images" (summer 2007)
- Colorado Reed (University of Iowa, B.S. '12)
- Henry Shu (Caltech, B.S. '05, now at CMU)
- "Clustering with Nonuniform Feature Space Dimensionality" (summer 2004)
- Scott Sosnowski (Case Western Reserve University, '10)
- Brian Bue (Rice University)
- I served as Brian's GSRP Fellowship mentor, 2007-2010, and on his dissertation committee 2010-2013.
- Dissertation: "Adaptive Similarity Measures for Material Identification in Hyperspectral Imagery"
- Gary Doran (Case Western Reserve University)
- Amit Jain (California State University, L.A., M.S. '09)
- I served as an external advisor for Amit's Master's thesis work on
evaluating collaborative recommendation systems, 2008-2009.
- Umaa Rebbapragada (Tufts University, Ph.D., '10)
- I served as a member of Umaa's dissertation committee, 2009-2010.
- Summer intern at JPL, 2008; she focused on developing methods for collaborative learning in sensor networks.
- Dissertation: "Strategic targeting of outliers for expert review"
- Qianjun Xu (University of Maryland, Baltimore County, Ph.D. '06)
- I served as a member of Qianjun's dissertation committee, 2004-2006.
- Dissertation: "Active Querying for Semi-supervised Clustering"